From: Peter Foldes on
You have Norton or some remnants of Norton installed. The MSVCRT.DLL is caused by
Norton\Symantec product

Run the following Tool
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039
--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Guv Bob" <brotherdave(a)YEEEEOOOOWWWbigfoot.com> wrote in message
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> How does your question pertain to Outlook Express functionality?

Probably doesn't. I have gotten so few responses that I posted to borderline
related groups like this one -- where you responded to help! (Thanks!)

Reply to questions below....

> EMC� Retrospect� Express HD - System Requirements
> http://www.retrospect.com/products/software/retroexpresshd/systemrequirements/

My system meets the requirements. In fact, I installed the program on this system
last year and it worked fine until I had virus recently. Once I cleaned the system,
I uninstalled Retrospect and tried to re-install, and that's where I am now with the
error stopping the installation.

> What third-party firewall (if any)?

AVG updated daily - detected & removed the virus Win32/ElKern.C last week.

Running Spybot every few days.

Using hardware firewall via wireless router. DSL. No software firewall.

> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought
> it)?

No. I have had no troubles that might have required these types of utilities since
installing Win2000.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
But he said...

>> bought
>> it)?
>
> No.

'Sup with that?

From: Guv Bob on
Thanks Peter. A search of the c: drive shows that I have 6 versions of MSVCRT.DLL from 1999 to 2009. Should I copy an earlier or later one to the same folder as the install application or somewhere else? Help me out if you can - I'm not a computer guy.

Does this page have good advice for this problem?
http://www.dynamiclink.nl/htmfiles/rframes/info_dll/info_m/2295.htm

Bob

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2