From: John on
I tested it, out of curiosity. It works!

Here's my rule (client side rule):

Apply this rule after messages arrive
display "a specific message" in the New Item Alert Window
except if my name is in the To or Cc box

From: John on
Just want to say there's an unwanted result. If the incoming mail is sent to
a distribution group and you're a member of the group, the rule gets
triggered no matter where the group name is entered into (To or Cc).

I just received an email sent to the IT group and I'm a member of it. That
rule I created earlier alterted me.

From: Slipstick on

John wrote:
> Just want to say there's an unwanted result. If the incoming mail is
> sent to
> a distribution group and you're a member of the group, the rule gets
> triggered no matter where the group name is entered into (To or Cc).
>
> I just received an email sent to the IT group and I'm a member of it.
> That
> rule I created earlier alterted me.

Correct, it just looks for your address in to or cc and if it doesn't
find it, the rule fires.

'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com)

'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-tips.net/)

View this thread: http://www.outlookforums.com/showthread.php?t=46268