From: Steve Ricketts on
I have a 2003 Server, IIS 6.0 and am getting the Post size exceeded allowed
limits error when I try to upload a file. I've read a number of posts but
none of the solutions have worked. In the metabase.xml file, I've changed
the following parameters:

AspMaxRequestEntityAllowed 1000000
AspBufferingLimit="1000000"
AspMaxRequestEntityAllowed="1000000"

In the Web.config and machine.config files of the C# upload handler I have:
<system.web>
<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="1000000" />
</system.web>

I've restarted IIS, rebooted the computer and am still getting the error.
Can anyone see something else I can change so I can upload large files. Any
guideance is greatly appreciated.

Steve

From: Steve Ricketts on
I got this resolved but not entirely sure how. I'll go back and start
taking things out to see when it breaks again. I put the web.config in the
web root and the application root and got a different error regarding syntax
in the web.config file. So I fixed that and then copied the web.config to
application and web root again. Rebooted the computer and it worked.

If I find the answer to what happened in the first place, I'll post it.

sr