From: /dev/rob0 on
On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 05:44:21PM -0800, bruce wrote:
> System A has postfix, and can relay successfully email through
> Gmail.
> System A is 192.168.1.56
> System B is 192.168.1.59
>
> System B has Postfix, and has the line
> relayhost [192.196.1.56]:25

1. Seems strange that you would need two MTAs at this site; it is
obvious that you don't have much volume if you're relaying through
gmail.

2. "man 5 postconf" and pay attention to syntax. There is no "=" in
what you're showing us here.

> I'd like to be able to have System B, relay it's mail through the
> configured Postfix on System A.
>
> When I simply try on System B, to send an email, I get a
> "Connection Refused:" err in the log file of System B.

We can't help you unless you SHOW US these logs.

> The docs imply that the Postfix on System A should be "open" to
> connections from other systems in the same 192.168.1.x subnet.
> There is a "mynetworks" line that's set to its default.

Oxymoron there: if there is a mynetworks line in main.cf, mynetworks
isn't at its default.

> Is there something else I missed on this.

The list welcome message and DEBUG_README.html#mail which tell you
how to ask questions here which can be answered.

Since B is the one with the problem, we'd want to see B's logs and
"postconf -n". But it wouldn't hurt to also see what A has in its
postconf output: my WAG here would be that inet_interfaces is set.