From: "Kammen van, Marco, Springer SBM NL" on
Hi All,

Searched on the web for this but couldn't find anything close to what
I'm looking for.

Any of you know tool that generates web based (graph) statistics based
on information in the postfix logfile.

I'm looking for things like amount of messages sent/received daily
weekly monthly etc ...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

-

Marco van Kammen
Springer Science+Business Media
System Manager & Postmaster

-

van Godewijckstraat 30 | 3311 GX
Office Number: 05E21
Dordrecht | The Netherlands

-

tel

+31(78)6576446

fax

+31(78)6576302

-

www.springeronline.com <http://www.springeronline.com>
www.springer.com <http://www.springer.com/>

-

From: Ralf Hildebrandt on
* Kammen van, Marco, Springer SBM NL <Marco.vanKammen(a)springer.com>:
> Hi All,
>

> Searched on the web for this but couldn't find anything close to what
> I'm looking for.
>
> Any of you know tool that generates web based (graph) statistics based
> on information in the postfix logfile.
>
> I'm looking for things like amount of messages sent/received daily
> weekly monthly etc ...

mailgraph.schweikert.ch/
--
Ralf Hildebrandt
Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin

From: Patric Falinder on
Kammen van, Marco, Springer SBM NL skrev 2010-04-14 10:50:
> Hi All,
>

> Searched on the web for this but couldn't find anything close to what
> I'm looking for.
>
> Any of you know tool that generates web based (graph) statistics based
> on information in the postfix logfile.
>
> I'm looking for things like amount of messages sent/received daily
> weekly monthly etc ...
>

> Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Try mailgraph
http://mailgraph.schweikert.ch/

Mailgraph in action:
http://www.stat.ee.ethz.ch/mailgraph.cgi

From: "Kammen van, Marco, Springer SBM NL" on
>>Patric Falinder
>Kammen van, Marco, Springer SBM NL skrev 2010-04-14 10:50:
> Hi All,
>

> Searched on the web for this but couldn't find anything close to what
> I'm looking for.
>
> Any of you know tool that generates web based (graph) statistics based
> on information in the postfix logfile.
>
> I'm looking for things like amount of messages sent/received daily
> weekly monthly etc ...
>

> Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
>>Try mailgraph
>>http://mailgraph.schweikert.ch/

>>Mailgraph in action:
>>http://www.stat.ee.ethz.ch/mailgraph.cgi

Thanks for your very fast reply.

One thing I'm missing (or at least my management is), they want to be
able to see how many messages where sent/received on specific days.
So instaid of a total amount of messages sent/received the current day
or in the entire week/month/year, they want to see how many messages
where sent/received on January 1th, or June 16th... etc etc

I could make a script and put this stuff in a separate MySQL database,
but if something like that exists already why do it twice!

From: Martijn de Munnik - Postfix List on
On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 11:17:51 +0200, "Kammen van, Marco, Springer SBM NL"
<Marco.vanKammen(a)springer.com> wrote:
>>>Patric Falinder
>>Kammen van, Marco, Springer SBM NL skrev 2010-04-14 10:50:
>> Hi All,
>>

>> Searched on the web for this but couldn't find anything close to what
>> I'm looking for.
>>
>> Any of you know tool that generates web based (graph) statistics based
>> on information in the postfix logfile.
>>
>> I'm looking for things like amount of messages sent/received daily
>> weekly monthly etc ...
>>

>> Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
>>>Try mailgraph
>>>http://mailgraph.schweikert.ch/
>
>>>Mailgraph in action:
>>>http://www.stat.ee.ethz.ch/mailgraph.cgi
>
> Thanks for your very fast reply.
>
> One thing I'm missing (or at least my management is), they want to be
> able to see how many messages where sent/received on specific days.
> So instaid of a total amount of messages sent/received the current day
> or in the entire week/month/year, they want to see how many messages
> where sent/received on January 1th, or June 16th... etc etc
>
> I could make a script and put this stuff in a separate MySQL database,
> but if something like that exists already why do it twice!

http://jimsun.linxnet.com/postfix_contrib.html

This will send an e-mail with a log summary each day. Now you only have to
store that info in a database and make it available via a frontend.

Martijn