From: Stan Hoeppner on
Phillip Smith put forth on 11/18/2009 4:41 PM:
> 2009/11/18 Dhiraj Chatpar <dchatpar(a)gmail.com>:
>> Dear Sir,
>> I read your post on the postfix forum. I am a fan of yours after what
>> solutions you gave regarding iptables and rotation of IPs. i tried doing
>> that on my server and still get deferred from yahoo.

Merely rotating connections within the same /24 subnet isn't going to
help solve your problem. It may in fact make it worse, as you'll start
looking like a snowshoe spammer spreading out his load.

Have you by chance followed Yahoo guidelines yet? If not, doing so will
likely produce far better results than hacking your postfix server(s):

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/postmaster/forms_index.html

This assumes you are sending legitimate email, not spam. Fill out their
bulk sender forms, set up a feedback loop, follow their guidelines, and
you'll likely see your message deferral problem solved.

--
Stan

Pages: 1
Prev: Postfix Multiple IPs