From: Dhiraj Chatpar on
root(a)campaignindia:/etc# postmulti -I postfix-1 -G mta -e create
postfix: warning: dict_open_dlinfo: cannot open /etc/postfix-1/
dynamicmaps.cf. No dynamic maps will be allowed.

wondering why am i getting this error
From: Wietse Venema on
Dhiraj Chatpar:
> root(a)campaignindia:/etc# postmulti -I postfix-1 -G mta -e create
> postfix: warning: dict_open_dlinfo: cannot open /etc/postfix-1/
> dynamicmaps.cf. No dynamic maps will be allowed.
>

> wondering why am i getting this error

That is a DEBIAN extension (also in UBUNTU). I suggest that you
file a bugreport THERE.

Wietse

From: Victor Duchovni on
On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 06:32:48AM -0500, Wietse Venema wrote:

> Dhiraj Chatpar:
> > root(a)campaignindia:/etc# postmulti -I postfix-1 -G mta -e create
> > postfix: warning: dict_open_dlinfo: cannot open /etc/postfix-1/
> > dynamicmaps.cf. No dynamic maps will be allowed.
> >

> > wondering why am i getting this error
>
> That is a DEBIAN extension (also in UBUNTU). I suggest that you
> file a bugreport THERE.

To support multi-instace deployments of Postfix, Debian need to decide
wether they should patch postmulti-script to install a dynamicmaps.cf file
in each new configuration directory created via "postmulti -e create",
or whether dynamicmaps.cf is an "installation-wide" configuration file,
and they should use the one in the "default" configuration directory
for all instances.

My advice would be to take the latter approach. Otherwise additional
table driver binary packages need to find all the "dynamicmaps.cf" files
in all configuration directories, and update them all.

This configuration file feels more like a "site" file than an "instance"
file to me.

The OP can just make symlinks for now:

ln -s /etc/postfix/dynamicmaps.cf /etc/postfix-1/.

The real solution is for the Debian patch that adds support for
dynamically loaded table drivers to use the *default* config
directory, or to create a dynamicmaps.cf in each instance directory,
with suitable logic in the table packages to "multi-cast" the
deployment of a new driver into all configured instances.

--
Viktor.

Pages: 1
Prev: Postfix Multiple IPs