From: Osmany Goderich Navarro on
Greetings,

I have a Postfix+Dovecot+MySQL configuration. I want postfix to bcc
messages coming from a specific address to a specific domain. I have
currently hosting three virtual domains.
I have tried to use sender_bcc_maps to do this, but this only copies the
messages to certain users regardless of what domain the message was
meant to go. Can anyone please help me find out how to tell sender_bcc
only to work for one specific domain?

thank you in advance,

From: Magnus =?iso-8859-1?Q?B=E4ck?= on
On Thursday, November 19, 2009 at 20:01 CET,
Osmany Goderich Navarro <osmany(a)oc.quimefa.cu> wrote:

> I have a Postfix+Dovecot+MySQL configuration. I want postfix to bcc
> messages coming from a specific address to a specific domain. I have
> currently hosting three virtual domains.
> I have tried to use sender_bcc_maps to do this, but this only copies
> the messages to certain users regardless of what domain the message
> was meant to go. Can anyone please help me find out how to tell
> sender_bcc only to work for one specific domain?

Postfix does not support this natively. You need to use either
sender_bcc_maps or recipient_bcc_maps and send the messages to a filter
or similar that applies the second domain restriction and only passes
a subset of the messages. If the bcc'd messages are being delivered
locally you should be able to use a delivery agent like procmail to
do this.

--
Magnus B�ck
magnus(a)dsek.lth.se

From: Michael Katz on
Magnus B�ck wrote:
> On Thursday, November 19, 2009 at 20:01 CET,
> Osmany Goderich Navarro <osmany(a)oc.quimefa.cu> wrote:
>
>> I have a Postfix+Dovecot+MySQL configuration. I want postfix to bcc
>> messages coming from a specific address to a specific domain. I have
>> currently hosting three virtual domains.
>> I have tried to use sender_bcc_maps to do this, but this only copies
>> the messages to certain users regardless of what domain the message
>> was meant to go. Can anyone please help me find out how to tell
>> sender_bcc only to work for one specific domain?

Our Postfix product, MPP, can do this but it is commercial, though
quite reasonable.

> Postfix does not support this natively. You need to use either
> sender_bcc_maps or recipient_bcc_maps and send the messages to a filter
> or similar that applies the second domain restriction and only passes
> a subset of the messages. If the bcc'd messages are being delivered
> locally you should be able to use a delivery agent like procmail to
> do this.

Mike Katz
http://www.mailspect.com

From: Wietse Venema on
Magnus B�ck:
> On Thursday, November 19, 2009 at 20:01 CET,
> Osmany Goderich Navarro <osmany(a)oc.quimefa.cu> wrote:
>
> > I have a Postfix+Dovecot+MySQL configuration. I want postfix to bcc
> > messages coming from a specific address to a specific domain. I have
> > currently hosting three virtual domains.
> > I have tried to use sender_bcc_maps to do this, but this only copies
> > the messages to certain users regardless of what domain the message
> > was meant to go. Can anyone please help me find out how to tell
> > sender_bcc only to work for one specific domain?
>
> Postfix does not support this natively. You need to use either
> sender_bcc_maps or recipient_bcc_maps and send the messages to a filter
> or similar that applies the second domain restriction and only passes
> a subset of the messages. If the bcc'd messages are being delivered
> locally you should be able to use a delivery agent like procmail to
> do this.

I was going to suggest using a policy daemon that responds with a
BCC action, because that is a more natural way to make decisions
based on sender and recipient, but I find that the BCC access map
action is not marked as "ready for stable release".

Perhaps this is because people would expect BCC action support in
the header/body_checks, too? That was definitely not possible before
I added support to add/modify envelopes with Milter applications.

Otherwise, the access map code for BCC is a direct rip-off of the
code for the FILTER action, so I see no real objection to calling
the BCC access map action "stable".

Wietse

Pages: 1
Prev: Error in postmulti