From: Bernhard Schmidt on
On 02.02.2010 15:29, Victor Duchovni wrote:

Hi,

> And, use "proxy:ldap:${config_directory}/ldap-aliases.cf", LDAP servers
> typically don't like the connection concurrency that results from each
> smtpd(8) and cleanup(8) using a separate connection. Don't do this,
> however, with tables that are used by trivial-rewrite, specifically
> at least:
>
> relay_domains
> mydestination
> virtual_mailbox_domains
> virtual_alias_domains
> transport_maps
> relocated_maps

Because it's broken and causing problems or because there is just one
instance/connection anyway and thus useless?

Thanks,
Bernhard

From: Wietse Venema on
Bernhard Schmidt:
> On 02.02.2010 15:29, Victor Duchovni wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > And, use "proxy:ldap:${config_directory}/ldap-aliases.cf", LDAP servers
> > typically don't like the connection concurrency that results from each
> > smtpd(8) and cleanup(8) using a separate connection. Don't do this,
> > however, with tables that are used by trivial-rewrite, specifically
> > at least:
> >
> > relay_domains
> > mydestination
> > virtual_mailbox_domains
> > virtual_alias_domains
> > transport_maps
> > relocated_maps
>
> Because it's broken and causing problems or because there is just one
> instance/connection anyway and thus useless?

This would require giving the queue manager a trivial-rewrite daemon
that is shared with no-one else, and talks to a proxymap daemon
that is shared with no-one else. Otherwise, performance would
suffer.

Wietse

From: Victor Duchovni on
On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 12:47:31AM +0100, Bernhard Schmidt wrote:

> On 02.02.2010 15:29, Victor Duchovni wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> And, use "proxy:ldap:${config_directory}/ldap-aliases.cf", LDAP servers
>> typically don't like the connection concurrency that results from each
>> smtpd(8) and cleanup(8) using a separate connection. Don't do this,
>> however, with tables that are used by trivial-rewrite, specifically
>> at least:
>>
>> relay_domains
>> mydestination
>> virtual_mailbox_domains
>> virtual_alias_domains
>> transport_maps
>> relocated_maps
>
> Because it's broken and causing problems or because there is just one
> instance/connection anyway and thus useless?

Each trivial-rewrite is already a shared multi-service, performing
indirect lookups for other services (including critically the queue
manager). Making trivial-rewrite depend on upstream shared services
is not a good idea. Yes, it works, but latency and throughput will
suffer under load.

--
Viktor.

From: spamvoll on
strace did the job.

i had the wrong permissions on the certkey, the postfix user cant read it.

thx for help