From: terry on
Quoting Radio Tron <paleywiener(a)yahoo.com>:

> Hi, I'm a volunteer on an OpenBSD free-shell (cyberspace.org). Staff
> has turned off email because of SPAM (hogs our bandwidth and staff
> time).
>
> 1. Can we configure postfix such that it first checks a user's home
> directory for a .postfix_white-list file and accepts mail (MAIL
> FROM:) only if there is a match between what's in the white-list
> file and what it sees in the MAIL FROM field?
>
> 2. Can we configure outgoing mail such that postfix delivers only
> 5-mails/5-hours/user?
>
> 3. Can we group users into categories? Some get 0mails/hr, 5m/5h,
> 10m/5hr etc..

If you're talking about inbound mail, you'll have better luck using a
good RBL or two.

If you're talking about your users sending spam, you might want to
look into amavisd-new and spamassassin. You can capture the
"spam-level" in maillog, have a script parse it, and block users that
send too much spammy-looking mail, until they've been reviewed by an
admin.

Terry