From: Jeff Bernier on
Hello all,

I have a system running Mailman for our lists, and Postfix.
Recently, we retired our in-house email system to go with a hosted email
system off campus. Because of this, we no longer need, and will also be
decommissioning our expensive email anti-spam/anti-virus system which was
also our SMTP gateway.

We would like to continue to restrict outbound mail to one smtp mail gateway
on our network. I would like to use Postfix on our Mailing List server as
this outbound mail gateway. I do not need it to do authentication of
senders, but rather specify a small group of allowed host senders.

My question is... Can this be easily done without disturbing Mailman list
traffic?

Thanks,
Jeff

--
Jeff Bernier

Office of Information Technology
Rhode Island School of Design
401.454.6168
From: Jeff Bernier on
I'm sorry,

Was my question unclear? Or just too ridiculously simple for this group?

I think I may be able to figure out the allowed relay part... But I'm just
looking for some reassurance that I'm not going to disrupt the existing
Mailman List Manager already running on this system. The outbound SMTP
traffic will be minimal at most.

Jeff :)

From: Victor Duchovni on
On Tue, Jul 06, 2010 at 04:31:21PM -0400, Jeff Bernier wrote:

> I'm sorry,
>
> Was my question unclear? Or just too ridiculously simple for this group?

Neither, it was too general. You need to ask more specific questions.

> > My question is... Can this be easily done without disturbing Mailman list
> > traffic?

Would "yes" really help you? If not, and given that the question is
a yes/no question, it becomes clear that you need to ask something
more concrete.

--
Viktor.