From: "Taylor, Marc" on
Good morning,

I am new to this list and I am not even sure if this is the place to
start, but here goes.

I have an Ubuntu 8.0.4 LTS server with postfix 2.5.1-2ubuntu1.2,
mailman2.1.9-9ubuntu1 and procmail3.22-16ubuntu3. I have followed the
instructions in the Ubuntu community pages regarding configuring
postfix, mailman and procmail to work together and I can't seem to get
mailman to pay attention to the procmail directives in
/etc/procmailrcs/.

Is there a trick to this? Anyone else have such a setup working?

Thanks!

Marc Taylor

From: Wietse Venema on
Taylor, Marc:
> Good morning,
>
> I am new to this list and I am not even sure if this is the place to
> start, but here goes.
>
> I have an Ubuntu 8.0.4 LTS server with postfix 2.5.1-2ubuntu1.2,
> mailman2.1.9-9ubuntu1 and procmail3.22-16ubuntu3. I have followed the
> instructions in the Ubuntu community pages regarding configuring
> postfix, mailman and procmail to work together and I can't seem to get
> mailman to pay attention to the procmail directives in
> /etc/procmailrcs/.
>
> Is there a trick to this? Anyone else have such a setup working?

Hmm... "Would you be so kind to turn on your telepathic sensors
and guess where I may have made a mistake while I tried to follow
instructions".

Please see the mailing list welcome message for guidance (repeated
below).

Wietse

Thank you for using Postfix.

From: Larry Stone on
On Fri, 15 Jan 2010, Taylor, Marc wrote:

> I am new to this list and I am not even sure if this is the place to
> start, but here goes.

Probably not the right place.

> I have an Ubuntu 8.0.4 LTS server with postfix 2.5.1-2ubuntu1.2,
> mailman2.1.9-9ubuntu1 and procmail3.22-16ubuntu3. I have followed the
> instructions in the Ubuntu community pages regarding configuring
> postfix, mailman and procmail to work together and I can't seem to get
> mailman to pay attention to the procmail directives in
> /etc/procmailrcs/.

You should join the Mailman Users list and ask there. Go to the Mailman
hope page (<http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/index.html>) and follow
the "Discussion Lists" link.

-- Larry Stone
lstone19(a)stonejongleux.com

From: mouss on
Taylor, Marc a écrit :
> Good morning,
>
> I am new to this list and I am not even sure if this is the place to
> start, but here goes.
>
> I have an Ubuntu 8.0.4 LTS server with postfix 2.5.1-2ubuntu1.2,
> mailman2.1.9-9ubuntu1 and procmail3.22-16ubuntu3. I have followed the
> instructions in the Ubuntu community pages regarding configuring
> postfix, mailman and procmail to work together and I can't seem to get
> mailman to pay attention to the procmail directives in /etc/procmailrcs/.

mailman does not care about procmail. and both mailman and procmail are
out of scope here.