From: "=?utf-8?q?K=C4=81rlis_Repsons?=" on
Is that possible for mail headers field to continue multiple /^From: .*/
speaking in terms of maildrop and PCRE?
From: Wietse Venema on
> Is that possible for mail headers field to continue multiple /^From: .*/
> speaking in terms of maildrop and PCRE?

According to RFC 5322:

from = "From:" mailbox-list CRLF
mailbox-list = (mailbox *("," mailbox)) / obs-mbox-list

Thus, one From: header may contain multiple addresses.

Wietse

From: LuKreme on
On 14-Jan-2010, at 04:59, Wietse Venema wrote:
>> Is that possible for mail headers field to continue multiple /^From: ..*/
>> speaking in terms of maildrop and PCRE?
>
> According to RFC 5322:
>
> from = "From:" mailbox-list CRLF
> mailbox-list = (mailbox *("," mailbox)) / obs-mbox-list
>
> Thus, one From: header may contain multiple addresses.

Right, but I think OP was asking if one set of mail headers could contain multiple From: headers.

--
'You don't think you've had enough, do you?' he said.
I KNOW WHEN I'VE HAD ENOUGH.

From: "=?utf-8?q?K=C4=81rlis_Repsons?=" on
On Thursday 14 January 2010 11:59:16 Wietse Venema wrote:
> > Is that possible for mail headers field to continue multiple /^From: .*/
> > speaking in terms of maildrop and PCRE?
>
> According to RFC 5322:
>
> from = "From:" mailbox-list CRLF
> mailbox-list = (mailbox *("," mailbox)) / obs-mbox-list
>
> Thus, one From: header may contain multiple addresses.

Well, another possible trouble I was about to ask later, but still, can there
be multiple From:?
And in what cases can there be multiple addresses in From: field? Its strange.
If anyone knows...
From: Ralf Hildebrandt on
* Kārlis Repsons <karlis.repsons(a)gmail.com>:

> > According to RFC 5322:
> >
> > from = "From:" mailbox-list CRLF
> > mailbox-list = (mailbox *("," mailbox)) / obs-mbox-list
> >
> > Thus, one From: header may contain multiple addresses.
>
> Well, another possible trouble I was about to ask later, but still, can there
> be multiple From:?
> And in what cases can there be multiple addresses in From: field? Its strange.
> If anyone knows...

RFC 5322 speaks of the From: field in singluar only, thus only one is
allowed:

The originator fields of a message consist of the from field, the sender
field (when applicable), and optionally the reply-to field. The from
field consists of the field name "From" and a comma- separated list of
one or more mailbox specifications.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin