From: BURT on
Light is blueshifted on its way into gravity.
Light is redshifted on its way out.

The frequency does not change. It is a time rate that changes that
causes the energy change to light It's energy is its absolute
frequency multiplied by Planck's constant wherein the time term is
slower time.

Slow time as part of Planck's constant increases its value.

Pound Rebka is Energy equals frequency multiplied by Planck's constant
with a changing time term.
MItch Raemsch -- Light fell --
From: Dono on

http://www.dkimages.com/discover/previews/855/35092155.JPG
From: Eric Gisse on
On Dec 28, 4:01 pm, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Light is blueshifted on its way into gravity.
> Light is redshifted on its way out.
>
> The frequency does not change. It is a time rate that changes that
> causes the energy change to light It's energy is its absolute
> frequency multiplied by Planck's constant wherein the time term is
> slower time.
>
> Slow time as part of Planck's constant increases its value.
>
> Pound Rebka is Energy equals frequency multiplied by Planck's constant
> with a changing time term.
> MItch Raemsch -- Light fell --

cmon dipshit hit 1000 posts before new years
From: Pentcho Valev on
On Dec 29, 3:01 am, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in sci.physics:
> Light is blueshifted on its way into gravity.
> Light is redshifted on its way out.

Sometimes even Einsteinians explain this correctly:

http://www.blazelabs.com/f-g-gcont.asp "The first confirmation of a
long range variation in the speed of light travelling in space came in
1964. Irwin Shapiro, it seems, was the first to make use of a
previously forgotten facet of general relativity theory -- that the
speed of light is reduced when it passes through a gravitational
field....Faced with this evidence, Einstein stated:"In the second
place our result shows that, according to the general theory of
relativity, the law of the constancy of the velocity of light in
vacuo, which constitutes one of the two fundamental assumptions in the
special theory of relativity and to which we have already frequently
referred, cannot claim any unlimited validity. A curvature of rays of
light can only take place when the velocity of propagation of light
varies with position."......Today we find that since the Special
Theory of Relativity unfortunately became part of the so called
mainstream science, it is considered a sacrilege to even suggest that
the speed of light be anything other than a constant. This is somewhat
surprising since even Einstein himself suggested in a paper "On the
Influence of Gravitation on the Propagation of Light," Annalen der
Physik, 35, 1911, that the speed of light might vary with the
gravitational potential. Indeed, the variation of the speed of light
in a vacuum or space is explicitly shown in Einstein's calculation for
the angle at which light should bend upon the influence of gravity.
One can find his calculation in his paper. The result is c'=c(1+V/c^2)
where V is the gravitational potential relative to the point where the
measurement is taken. 1+V/c^2 is also known as the GRAVITATIONAL
REDSHIFT FACTOR."

Pentcho Valev
pvalev(a)yahoo.com
From: Pentcho Valev on
On Dec 29, 10:39 am, Pentcho Valev <pva...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Dec 29, 3:01 am, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in sci.physics:
>
> > Light is blueshifted on its way into gravity.
> > Light is redshifted on its way out.
>
> Sometimes even Einsteinians explain this correctly:
>
> http://www.blazelabs.com/f-g-gcont.asp"The first confirmation of a
> long range variation in the speed of light travelling in space came in
> 1964. Irwin Shapiro, it seems, was the first to make use of a
> previously forgotten facet of general relativity theory -- that the
> speed of light is reduced when it passes through a gravitational
> field....Faced with this evidence, Einstein stated:"In the second
> place our result shows that, according to the general theory of
> relativity, the law of the constancy of the velocity of light in
> vacuo, which constitutes one of the two fundamental assumptions in the
> special theory of relativity and to which we have already frequently
> referred, cannot claim any unlimited validity. A curvature of rays of
> light can only take place when the velocity of propagation of light
> varies with position."......Today we find that since the Special
> Theory of Relativity unfortunately became part of the so called
> mainstream science, it is considered a sacrilege to even suggest that
> the speed of light be anything other than a constant. This is somewhat
> surprising since even Einstein himself suggested in a paper "On the
> Influence of Gravitation on the Propagation of Light," Annalen der
> Physik, 35, 1911, that the speed of light might vary with the
> gravitational potential. Indeed, the variation of the speed of light
> in a vacuum or space is explicitly shown in Einstein's calculation for
> the angle at which light should bend upon the influence of gravity.
> One can find his calculation in his paper. The result is c'=c(1+V/c^2)
> where V is the gravitational potential relative to the point where the
> measurement is taken. 1+V/c^2 is also known as the GRAVITATIONAL
> REDSHIFT FACTOR."

Pound and Rebka found experimentally that the GRAVITATIONAL REDSHIFT
obeys the equation f'=f(1+V/c^2), which is consistent with Einstein's
1911 equation c'=c(1+V/c^2) and the textbook formula

frequency = (speed of light)/(wavelength)

In fact, it is this textbook formula that made the creation of
Einstein zombie world absolutely necessary - in any other world the
transition from this formula to the conclusion that the speed of light
is variable and obeys the equivalent equations c'=c(1+V/c^2) and c'=c
+v would be obvious. In Einstein zombie world half of the Einsteinians
fiercely teach that, in a gravitational
field, the speed of light is CONSTANT:

http://www.astronomynotes.com/relativity/s4.htm
"Prediction: light escaping from a large mass should lose energy---the
wavelength must increase since the speed of light is constant.
Stronger surface gravity produces a greater increase in the
wavelength. This is a consequence of time dilation. Suppose person A
on the massive object decides to send light of a specific frequency f
to person B all of the time. So every second, f wave crests leave
person A. The same wave crests are received by person B in an interval
of time interval of (1+z) seconds. He receives the waves at a
frequency of f/(1+z). Remember that the speed of light c = (the
frequency f) (the wavelength L). If the frequency is reduced by (1+z)
times, the wavelength must INcrease by (1+z) times: L_atB = (1+z)
L_atA. In the doppler effect, this lengthening of the wavelength is
called a redshift. For gravity, the effect is called a GRAVITATIONAL
REDSHIFT."

http://helios.gsfc.nasa.gov/qa_sp_gr.html
"Is light affected by gravity? If so, how can the speed of light be
constant? Wouldn't the light coming off of the Sun be slower than the
light we make here? If not, why doesn't light escape a black hole?
Yes, light is affected by gravity, but not in its speed. General
Relativity (our best guess as to how the Universe works) gives two
effects of gravity on light. It can bend light (which includes effects
such as gravitational lensing), and it can change the energy of light.
But it changes the energy by shifting the frequency of the light
(gravitational redshift) not by changing light speed. Gravity bends
light by warping space so that what the light beam sees as "straight"
is not straight to an outside observer. The speed of light is still
constant." Dr. Eric Christian

When Einstein zombies have already learned by rote that the speed of
light is always CONSTANT, teaching that it is VARIABLE, that is
teaching the truth, can only increase the confusion:

http://www.math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Relativity/SpeedOfLight/speed_of_light.html
"Einstein went on to discover a more general theory of relativity
which explained gravity in terms of curved spacetime, and he talked
about the speed of light changing in this new theory. In the 1920 book
"Relativity: the special and general theory" he wrote: ". . .according
to the general theory of relativity, the law of the constancy of the
velocity of light in vacuo, which constitutes one of the two
fundamental assumptions in the special theory of relativity [. . .]
cannot claim any unlimited validity. A curvature of rays of light can
only take place when the velocity of propagation of light varies with
position." Since Einstein talks of velocity (a vector quantity: speed
with direction) rather than speed alone, it is not clear that he meant
the speed will change, but the reference to special relativity
suggests that he did mean so."

http://www.physlink.com/Education/AskExperts/ae13.cfm
"So, it is absolutely true that the speed of light is _not_ constant
in a gravitational field [which, by the equivalence principle, applies
as well to accelerating (non-inertial) frames of reference]. If this
were not so, there would be no bending of light by the gravitational
field of stars....Indeed, this is exactly how Einstein did the
calculation in: 'On the Influence of Gravitation on the Propagation of
Light,' Annalen der Physik, 35, 1911. which predated the full formal
development of general relativity by about four years. This paper is
widely available in English. You can find a copy beginning on page 99
of the Dover book 'The Principle of Relativity.' You will find in
section 3 of that paper, Einstein's derivation of the (variable) speed
of light in a gravitational potential, eqn (3). The result is,
c' = c0 ( 1 + V / c^2 )
where V is the gravitational potential relative to the point where the
speed of light c0 is measured."

Pentcho Valev
pvalev(a)yahoo.com