From: Joe#2 on
On one of my servers, the power meter just showed up on the task bar.
Apparently the server thinks its running on batteries! Any idea on how it got
there?
From: Merv Porter [SBS-MVP] on
Not sure what's going on but...

Can't remove "Battery" icon from taskbar on SBS 2003 servers
http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/Microsoft_Operating_Systems/Server/SBS_Small_Business_Server/Q_23501132.html

In case the solutions do not show at the bottom of the page, here they are:

This sounds very strange. Have you tried removing the icon via command line?

powercfg /GLOBALPOWERFLAG off /option BATTERYICON

Jamsb:You can enable and disable the alarms too:
powercfg /batteryalarm low /activate off
powercfg /batteryalarm critical /activate off

Though it sounds like this might just hide the real problem. Might be worth
seeing why SBS thinks your machine is a laptop :)
Accepted

Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
============================

From: Merv Porter [SBS-MVP] on
Also... looks like it may be a UPS issue:

UPS battery support
http://www.winserverkb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/windows-server-sbs/78919/UPS-battery-support

--
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]

From: Joe#2 on
Merv, thans for the suggestions. I'm willing to bet they just installed a
UPS. I'll email and find out.