From: Panda on
When I return to a slide the animation no longer works. How can I get the
animation to work each time? This is not a linear presentation.
From: Julie Terberg on
Hi Panda,

Insert a duplicate of the animated slide. Remove the animation settings on
this duplicate and position just prior to your animated slide. Set the
transition to Advance Slide Automatically after 0:00 seconds.

Set a hyperlink to this first slide, so that each time you go back to it -
it will auto-advance to the 2nd (animated) slide.

-- Julie Terberg

From: Michael Koerner on
If your coming back to slides with animations you need to put a blank slide
before the slide you want the animations to work with zero timings, and
return to it. PowerPoint brings you back to a slide after all the events on
that slide have taken place.

--
Michael Koerner
MS MVP - PowerPoint