From: Jack on
I have this UPS that had dead batteries, so I put in fresh new one's all
charged up.
I plugged it in and red ALARM led lights up, the fan turns on and batteries
are being charged up, but it will not turn on, nothing comes out of the
outlets.
All fuses are OK, nothing appears to be burned.

Anyone got any idea of what to do next or anyone have schematic?

-Jan
Finland

From: N_Cook on
Jack <jankroPOISTA(a)dnainternet.net> wrote in message
> I have this UPS that had dead batteries, so I put in fresh new one's all
> charged up.
> I plugged it in and red ALARM led lights up, the fan turns on and
batteries
> are being charged up, but it will not turn on, nothing comes out of the
> outlets.
> All fuses are OK, nothing appears to be burned.
>
> Anyone got any idea of what to do next or anyone have schematic?
>
> -Jan
> Finland
>

> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news(a)netfront.net ---

A "factory reset" required ?

From: Jack on

"N_Cook" <diverse(a)tcp.co.uk> wrote in message
> Jack <jankroPOISTA(a)dnainternet.net> wrote in message
>> I have this UPS that had dead batteries, so I put in fresh new one's all
>> charged up.
>> I plugged it in and red ALARM led lights up, the fan turns on and
> batteries
>> are being charged up, but it will not turn on, nothing comes out of the
>> outlets.
>> All fuses are OK, nothing appears to be burned.
>>
>> Anyone got any idea of what to do next or anyone have schematic?
>>
>> -Jan
>> Finland
>>

>> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news(a)netfront.net ---
>

> A "factory reset" required ?

How can I do that?

-Jan

From: PeterD on
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 14:35:13 +0300, "Jack"
<jankroPOISTA(a)dnainternet.net> wrote:

>I have this UPS that had dead batteries, so I put in fresh new one's all
>charged up.
>I plugged it in and red ALARM led lights up, the fan turns on and batteries
>are being charged up, but it will not turn on, nothing comes out of the
>outlets.
>All fuses are OK, nothing appears to be burned.
>
>Anyone got any idea of what to do next or anyone have schematic?
>
>-Jan
>Finland
>

>--- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news(a)netfront.net ---

Do you have a manual for this unit? My PowerWare UPS has a specific
startup sequence that must be followed to power it up. Otherwise it
just charges the batteries and waits.

Also check Eaton's customer support pages. They (Eaton) provide
excellent support, though you may have to register the unit to get
specific answers to your questions.

Also, do you have a computer connected to it (if it supports a
computer interface)? is that giving any info?
From: Jack on
No, I do not have manual for it and I have not been able to find one with
Google.
I sent e-mail to Eaton's technical support without success. Eaton's pages or
search do not have any info on the 9110 -series UPS.

-Jan

"PeterD" <peter2(a)hipson.net> wrote in message
> On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 14:35:13 +0300, "Jack"
> <jankroPOISTA(a)dnainternet.net> wrote:
>
>>I have this UPS that had dead batteries, so I put in fresh new one's all
>>charged up.
>>I plugged it in and red ALARM led lights up, the fan turns on and
>>batteries
>>are being charged up, but it will not turn on, nothing comes out of the
>>outlets.
>>All fuses are OK, nothing appears to be burned.
>>
>>Anyone got any idea of what to do next or anyone have schematic?
>>
>>-Jan
>>Finland
>>

>>--- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news(a)netfront.net ---
>
> Do you have a manual for this unit? My PowerWare UPS has a specific
> startup sequence that must be followed to power it up. Otherwise it
> just charges the batteries and waits.
>
> Also check Eaton's customer support pages. They (Eaton) provide
> excellent support, though you may have to register the unit to get
> specific answers to your questions.
>
> Also, do you have a computer connected to it (if it supports a
> computer interface)? is that giving any info?

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Valve/tube, A/R fault
Next: Diode symbol confusion