From: jj297 on
I set up a Precedence Constraint on my SSIS Package. I created this
script:

Public Sub Main()

Dim fi As System.IO.FileInfo
fi = New System.IO.FileInfo("\\sb25\downloads$\Offsets
\SSISDiaries.txt")

If fi.LastWriteTime.Date = DateTime.Today Then
Dts.TaskResult = Dts.Results.Success
Else
Dts.TaskResult = Dts.Results.Failure
End If

Next I added a Precedence Constraint to my SSIS package and I have the

Evaluation operation = Constraint
Value = Success

Now I want to set up something if it's fails. How do I do that?
From: jj297 on
On Apr 7, 11:19 am, jj297 <nchildress...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I set up a Precedence Constraint on my SSIS Package.  I created this
> script:
>
> Public Sub Main()
>
>         Dim fi As System.IO.FileInfo
>         fi = New System.IO.FileInfo("\\sb25\downloads$\Offsets
> \SSISDiaries.txt")
>
>         If fi.LastWriteTime.Date = DateTime.Today Then
>             Dts.TaskResult = Dts.Results.Success
>         Else
>             Dts.TaskResult = Dts.Results.Failure
>         End If
>
> Next I added a Precedence Constraint to my SSIS package and I have the
>
> Evaluation operation = Constraint
> Value = Success
>
> Now I want to set up something if it's fails.  How do I do that?

Okay finally got it all to work.

Public Sub Main()

Dim fi As System.IO.FileInfo
fi = New System.IO.FileInfo("\\sb25\downloads$\Offsets
\SSISDiaries.txt")

If fi.LastWriteTime.Date = DateTime.Today Then
Dts.TaskResult = Dts.Results.Success
Else
Dts.TaskResult = Dts.Results.Failure
End If

Then I added a Precedence Constraint to my SSIS package and configured
it as:

Evaluation operation = Constraint
Value = Success

I built the SSIS Package, went into D:/location/bin/deployment and
executed that deployment package. I next imported my SSIS package in
SQL Server, created a job and scheduled it to run. I next went to
notifications and added my email info (Oh I added myself as an
Operator so I can receive emails).