From: Ludovic Brenta on
For the third year in a row, Ada-Belgium is organizing a Spring
Event consisting of the annual General Assembly of the
organization, a barbecue and a technical workshop. The event will
take place in Leuven
Belgium on Saturday 5 June (2010-06-05) (the location is subject
to change depending on the number of people who attend).

Anyone can attend. The price is zero for members of Ada-Belgium and
10 Euros per person for non-members. Registration is required.
If you would like to attend, please send an email to Dirk
Craeynest <Dirk.Craeynest(a)cs.kuleuven.be> before 2010-05-14.

As with previous events, the barbecue will feature a thorough
discussion of the Beaujolais Effect, complete with hands-on
experience.

During the past two Spring Events, the technical workshop focused
on packaging Ada software for Debian. For this year's Spring Event,
we are soliciting proposals from speakers. Speakers need not be
members of
Ada-Belgium. Some prospective attendees would be interested in:

- Ada applied to GPUs and in particular to multi GPUs
- Graphics examples and demos

However no speaker has yet come forth to actually do
these presentations, examples or demos. If no other speakers
come forth, Ludovic Brenta can host another Ada in Debian workshop.

If you would like to speak at this event, say so!
If you would like to listen at this event, say so!

--
Ludovic Brenta.
From: Jacob Sparre Andersen on
Ludovic Brenta wrote:

> As with previous events, the barbecue will feature a thorough
> discussion of the Beaujolais Effect, complete with hands-on
> experience.

I would certainly like to come. (Although flying to Brussels is a bit
costly for a one-day event.)

> Some prospective attendees would be interested in:
>
> - Ada applied to GPUs and in particular to multi GPUs
> - Graphics examples and demos

Definitely interesting topics.

Could we add Ada applied to the Arduino to the list? What about
programming mobile phones (Maemo, Android, etc.) in Ada?

> However no speaker has yet come forth to actually do these
> presentations, examples or demos. If no other speakers come forth,
> Ludovic Brenta can host another Ada in Debian workshop.
>
> If you would like to speak at this event, say so!

If anybody are interested in learning a bit about how they can use the
POSIX Ada API, I can put together a presentation and some exercises
based on my undergraduate course in systems programming.

I hope to be able to say something interesting about using Ada to
program an Arduino when we come to June, but I'm not there yet.

> If you would like to listen at this event, say so!

Definitely.

Jacob
--
Adlai Stevenson said it all when, at an event during the
1956 Presidential campaign, a woman shouted, "You have the
From: Ludovic Brenta on
Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
> I would certainly like to come.  (Although flying to Brussels is a bit
> costly for a one-day event.)

If you like you can come to my house the day before...

--
Ludovic Brenta.