From: Alexandre Konieczny on
Hi Everybody,

This problem is intended to people who know Spark.
I'm trying to compile the Spark_IO.adb file using -gnat05 option, but
there is an error.
The error is :

spark_io.adb:196:42: (Ada 2005) cannot copy object of a limited type
(RM-2005 6.5(5.5/2))

This is a restriction of Ada 2005, and I saw in a message of last year
saying that Spark_IO is not compatible with Ada 2005.
Is it still the case ? However, the Spark Pro version 9 considers Ada
2005 features.

Does anyone know about this problem ?

Thanks,

Alex
From: Rod Chapman on
> Does anyone know about this problem ?

Good question. The specification of SPARK_IO that ships
with SPARK Pro 9 is compatible with both SPARK95
and SPARK2005.

The body is Ada95 (not SPARK at all), but - as you point
out - is not compatible with GNAT in Ada2005 mode. We will
raise an internal ticket here to produce an Ada2005-friendly
body for SPARK_IO for a future release.

Rod Chapman, SPARK Team
From: Alexandre Konieczny on
On 8 avr, 17:41, Rod Chapman <roderick.chap...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Does anyone know about this problem ?
>
> Good question.  The specification of SPARK_IO that ships
> with SPARK Pro 9 is compatible with both SPARK95
> and SPARK2005.
>
> The body is Ada95 (not SPARK at all), but - as you point
> out - is not compatible with GNAT in Ada2005 mode.  We will
> raise an internal ticket here to produce an Ada2005-friendly
> body for SPARK_IO for a future release.
>
> Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
>
> Rod Chapman, SPARK Team

Well, ok. I better understand now.
As I really need to use Spark_IO with Ada 2005, do you have an idea
of when your team will rewrite the body file ?

Thanks a lot for your help, and I think that it will not be my last
question on Spark because I just begin
a project with the language.

Alexandre Konieczny
From: Rod Chapman on
Alexandre,
Is this work in connection witht he Critical Web project?
If so, then have you got an account on GNAT Tracker? If so,
then you should be able to download SPARK Pro 9 and raise
such queries through Tracker, which is our preferred method.
All the best,
Rod Chapman, SPARK Team