From: allen.brown on
I'm getting an error message when I start up Dreamweaver. The box is headed JPEG Library Error and contains the message "Premature end of JPEG file".

Anyone seen this before?

Allen
From: joeq on
just try to take your mind off it ? think about baseball or your grandmother.
From: Teri on
Allen, I think it could be because it is writing xhtml which requires a
closing / in the code?

Teri

From: allen.brown on
Well that's certainly one option.

I'm guessing someone here can do better than that.
From: allen.brown on
OK, for the benefit of anyone who searches this forum for this problem in the
future, it seems that DW checks all the images in a site as it opens it and
gives this message if an image is corrupt.

I took the approach of moving half the images in Explorer and then swapping
into a different site and back to see if DW still complained. Eventually I
narrowed it down to the culprit and removed it. I noticed later that this file
wouldn't preview in Explorer so that would have been a shortcut to the culprit.

A message saying 'image file xxxx.jpeg is corrupt' would be a lot more helpful
but we can't have everything.

Allen

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2