From: Mikey on
I've got a customer who never throws anything away.
He's running Outlook 2007 & his pst file is currently just about 20GB.
He has another users account in his outlook, so he can get the users
mail if they are traveling, but has purposely set the outgoing server
incorrectly so he can't send mail out through this account - yeah, it
doesn't make any sense to me either!
He has been complaining that his outlook has been very slow & sluggish
lately, & when I started looking into it, I noticed the account with
the bad SMTP settings was 'preparing to send 1 of 125 messages...'!
I'm assuming these could be read receipts (?), but there is noting in
the outbox or to send folders!
Also, I am trying to get him to start archiving messages, but want to
make sure any searches he might do will include archived messages.
Any suggestions?
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Mikey" <texan767(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> He has been complaining that his outlook has been very slow & sluggish
> lately, & when I started looking into it, I noticed the account with
> the bad SMTP settings was 'preparing to send 1 of 125 messages...'!
> I'm assuming these could be read receipts (?), but there is noting in
> the outbox or to send folders!

Read receipts can't be seen. See if this helps:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/deletereadreceipt.htm

> Also, I am trying to get him to start archiving messages, but want to
> make sure any searches he might do will include archived messages.

If you use Windows Desktop Search, it should include archive PSTs. If you use
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Mikey on
On Apr 28, 11:22 am, "Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]"
<tillman1...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Mikey" <texan...(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > He has been complaining that his outlook has been very slow & sluggish
> > lately, & when I started looking into it, I noticed the account with
> > the bad SMTP settings was 'preparing to send 1 of 125 messages...'!
> > I'm assuming these could be read receipts (?), but there is noting in
> > the outbox or to send folders!
>
> Read receipts can't be seen.  See if this helps:http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/deletereadreceipt.htm
>
> > Also, I am trying to get him to start archiving messages, but want to
> > make sure any searches he might do will include archived messages.
>
> If you use Windows Desktop Search, it should include archive PSTs.  If you use
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

I am I doing something wrong here - it appears that I have to delete
the stuck messages one at a time?!?!?!?
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

> I am I doing something wrong here - it appears that I have to delete
> the stuck messages one at a time?!?!?!?

I have never had the occasion to require deleteing undeliverable read
receipts, so I've never used the tool. If it requires you to delete them one
at a time, then that's what it requires.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Mikey on
On May 12, 9:23 am, "Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]"
<tillman1...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Mikey" <texan...(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > I am I doing something wrong here - it appears that I have to delete
> > the stuck messages one at a time?!?!?!?
>
> I have never had the occasion to require deleteing undeliverable read
> receipts, so I've never used the tool.  If it requires you to delete them one
> at a time, then that's what it requires.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

I turned off sending any additional ones, fixed the outgoing server
info & let 'em go...