From: Brian on
I am having trouble trying to prevent copying and pasting in one specific
column. The code refers to the specific range, but yet it prevents copying
and pasting on the whole worksheet.

Option Explicit

If Not Intersect(Target, Columns("H:H")) Is Nothing Then
Application.CellDragAndDrop = False
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Else
Application.CellDragAndDrop = True
End If

End Sub
From: Gord Dibben on
Works for me in Excel 2003

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: Brian on

I was thinking it would for me too.... but in 2007 it is not working. Well
correction, it is working too well, it prevents every column not just H....
any ideas?

From: Gord Dibben on
Misread your original.

Thought you just wanted to prevent drag and drop in H

Try this simple revision to prevent pasting into H or drag and drop in H

Will not prevent copying from H

If Target.Column <> 8 Then Exit Sub
Application.CellDragAndDrop = False
Application.CutCopyMode = False
End Sub

Gord

On Mon, 3 May 2010 13:46:01 -0700, Brian <Brian(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I was thinking it would for me too.... but in 2007 it is not working. Well
>correction, it is working too well, it prevents every column not just H....
>any ideas?
>
>"Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
>> Works for me in Excel 2003
>>

>> Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
>>
>> On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 11:42:01 -0700, Brian <Brian(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I am having trouble trying to prevent copying and pasting in one specific
>> >column. The code refers to the specific range, but yet it prevents copying
>> >and pasting on the whole worksheet.
>> >
>> >Option Explicit
>> >
>> >Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
>> >
>> > If Not Intersect(Target, Columns("H:H")) Is Nothing Then
>> > Application.CellDragAndDrop = False
>> > Application.CutCopyMode = False
>> > Else
>> > Application.CellDragAndDrop = True