From: Helmut Schneider on
Hi,

I'm playing around with gmirror. I set geom_mirror_load="YES" at
/boot/loader.conf.

Is there a way from the boot menu to suppress loading geom for what soever
reason? I tried "disable-module geom_mirror" which didn't work.

Thanks, Helmut

--
No Swen today, my love has gone away
My mailbox stands for lorn, a symbol of the dawn

From: Michel Talon on
Helmut Schneider <jumper99(a)gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm playing around with gmirror. I set geom_mirror_load="YES" at
> /boot/loader.conf.
>
> Is there a way from the boot menu to suppress loading geom for what soever
> reason? I tried "disable-module geom_mirror" which didn't work.
>
> Thanks, Helmut

Remove the line in loader.conf ?

--

Michel TALON

From: Helmut Schneider on
Michel Talon <talon(a)lpthe.jussieu.fr> wrote:
> Helmut Schneider <jumper99(a)gmx.de> wrote:
>> I'm playing around with gmirror. I set geom_mirror_load="YES" at
>> /boot/loader.conf.
>>
>> Is there a way from the boot menu to suppress loading geom for what
>> soever reason? I tried "disable-module geom_mirror" which didn't work.
>
> Remove the line in loader.conf ?

I had a typo at /etc/fstab and was (probably because of my KVM-over-IP
switch) not able to type anything at the mountroot prompt while the keyboard
worked fine at the boot loader. Booting from a live CD to mount the disk,
alter /etc/fstab and/or /boot/load.conf sucks at that point - especially
when you're at home starring at the remote console, incapable of action.

From: Helmut Schneider on
Bob Eager <rde42(a)spamcop.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 15:26:49 UTC, "Helmut Schneider" <jumper99(a)gmx.de>
> wrote:
>
>> I'm playing around with gmirror. I set geom_mirror_load="YES" at
>> /boot/loader.conf.
>>
>> Is there a way from the boot menu to suppress loading geom for what
>> soever reason? I tried "disable-module geom_mirror" which didn't work.
>
> When you say 'boot menu', I take it you mean the boot loader prompt? The
> one that prompts 'OK?'..

Yes.

> If so, how about:
>
> unset geom_mirror_load
>
> If you don't mean that prompt, then please clarify.

OK unset geom_mirror_load
no such file or directory
OK disable-module geom_mirror
geom_mirror will not be loaded.
OK

But it is loading regardless.

From: Giorgos Keramidas on
On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 20:08:38 +0200, "Helmut Schneider" <jumper99(a)gmx.de> wrote:
> Bob Eager <rde42(a)spamcop.net> wrote:
>> On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 15:26:49 UTC, "Helmut Schneider" <jumper99(a)gmx.de>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm playing around with gmirror. I set geom_mirror_load="YES" at
>>> /boot/loader.conf.
>>>
>>> Is there a way from the boot menu to suppress loading geom for what
>>> soever reason? I tried "disable-module geom_mirror" which didn't work.
>>
>> When you say 'boot menu', I take it you mean the boot loader prompt? The
>> one that prompts 'OK?'..
>
> Yes.
>
>> If so, how about:
>>
>> unset geom_mirror_load
>>
>> If you don't mean that prompt, then please clarify.
>
> OK unset geom_mirror_load
> no such file or directory
> OK disable-module geom_mirror
> geom_mirror will not be loaded.
> OK

Try `unload'. This unloads everything, and you can manually load only
the bits you want.

OK unload
OK load kernel
OK load snd_hda