From: Niall on
My friend has offered to sell me a used laptop. I'm trying to figure out a
good price to offer that's fair for both of us.

It's a Dec. 2003 Pentium 4 Toshiba Satellite. 15 inch screen. Windows XP is
installed on it. 2.53 GHz. 480 MB of RAM. Wireless. Laptop is in great
condition.

Any suggestions on a price?

Thanks,
From: Rainald Taesler on
Niall wrote:
> My friend has offered to sell me a used laptop.

Is it just a plain "Laptop" or a "TabletPC"??
Only for the latter *this* NG might be a place to ask at all.

> I'm trying to figure out a good price to offer that's fair for
> both of us.

As to my experience asking in a NewsGroup or a Forum will never ever
deliver any reliable or even usable quotation of prices.

My suggestion:
Go to eBay;
specify the model;
search for the past 30 days.

This way you might get at least an idea on the prices in/on the
"market".

> Any suggestions on a price?

As said:
Naturally no idea at all.
And I'm certain that you won't receive any reasonable quotation in this
NewsGroup.

Rainald

From: niallfa on
Thanks Rainald; I will check E-Bay. I figured it was kind of an odd question
to ask on a forum like this, biut I thought I'd give it a shot.