From: ian on
rmo555(a)cox.net wrote:
> I'm ready to purchase CS4 and, obviously, would like to get the lowest
> price.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> What should I expect to pay?
>
> Is eBay reliable if I use PayPal?
>
> Thank you..........

eBay is usually a good guide to what the market says. If you look for
CS4 there, you will find roughly two price levels. The more reputable,
believable sellers get somewhere around $300 for a full version of PS
CS4, while the more dodgy sellers seem to get about $150.

I have also seen a website selling CS4 for $95. It looked like a real
website, and had a picture of an office building in Texas, but it used
poor English & was registered in Turkey, or somewhere in that part of
the world. A google search for their website name showed that it was a
scam site dedicated to obtaining your credit card numbers.

Be careful out there!

Ian
From: Berth Ljunggren on
ian(a)notcox.net wrote:

> rmo555(a)cox.net wrote:
> > I'm ready to purchase CS4 and, obviously, would like to get the
> > lowest price. Any suggestions? What should I expect to pay?
> > Is eBay reliable if I use PayPal?
> >
> > Thank you..........
>
> eBay is usually a good guide to what the market says. If you look for
> CS4 there, you will find roughly two price levels. The more
> reputable, believable sellers get somewhere around $300 for a full
> version of PS CS4, while the more dodgy sellers seem to get about
> $150.
>
> I have also seen a website selling CS4 for $95. It looked like a real
> website, and had a picture of an office building in Texas, but it
> used poor English & was registered in Turkey, or somewhere in that
> part of the world. A google search for their website name showed that
> it was a scam site dedicated to obtaining your credit card numbers.
>
> Be careful out there!
>
> Ian

I have found that adobes own site has a fairly good prices the
download option does not lower the price as much as i would like
but i bought my copy of photoshop from a store and recieved the box
that contains 2 dvds and nothing else, no manual that i was hoping
for, i payed 9550 swedish kronor for it, roughly $1320 adobe shop
online would have been a bit cheaper, but this is a pricey software.

If you need some books the "missing manual photoshop cs4" is an 800+
page book with color pictures that seem very good so far, not expensive
either from amazon in the us.

From: Mike Russell on
On 20 Feb 2010 14:27:25 GMT, Berth Ljunggren wrote:

> but i bought my copy of photoshop from a store and recieved the box
> that contains 2 dvds and nothing else, no manual that i was hoping
> for,

I've bought directly from Adobe, also hoping for a manual. The last manual
I received was, I believe, for CS, and the illustrations were in black and
white. The picture of the RGB primaries mixing to give different color
combinations is especially humorous looking.

OTOH, the online manual, and other tutorial material on the DVD, are
excellent.
--
Mike Russell - http://www.curvemeister.com