From: Colin on
What's everyone's opinion of the site www.primenumbersformula.com? Is
the author for real, or just a crank?

From: mathman on
If the author is correct, his work would be publicized widely in the mathematics community. So far it hasn't happened, so I am skeptical.
From: Phil Carmody on
"Colin" <colinpoakes(a)hotmail.com> writes:

> What's everyone's opinion of the site www.primenumbersformula.com? Is
> the author for real, or just a crank?

At least a non-negligible proportion of crank. The only sensible
material on that page is vast swathes of copyrighted material
lifted from Professor Caldwell's Prime Pages, such as
http://primepages.org/notes/faq/why.html

Phil
--
The man who is always worrying about whether or not his soul would be
damned generally has a soul that isn't worth a damn.
From: Phil Carmody on
mathman <mathnucl(a)optonline.net> writes:
> If the author is correct, his work would be publicized widely in the mathematics community. So far it hasn't happened, so I am skeptical.

Anyone who's learned computability knows how to create an
almost unending stream of prime number generation functions.
There is no novel 'discovery' in that direction any more.

Phil
From: amzoti on

Phil Carmody wrote:
> mathman <mathnucl(a)optonline.net> writes:
> > If the author is correct, his work would be publicized widely in the mathematics community. So far it hasn't happened, so I am skeptical.
>
> Anyone who's learned computability knows how to create an
> almost unending stream of prime number generation functions.
> There is no novel 'discovery' in that direction any more.
>
> Phil
> --
> The man who is always worrying about whether or not his soul would be
> damned generally has a soul that isn't worth a damn.
> -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. (1809-1894), American physician and writer

Hi Phil,

do you actually know how to interpret this function?

I was trying to read it and not sure what the floor like functions
mean. I must also be misinterpreting something because it looks like
most stuff cancels out.

Any ideas as this would be easy to test?

However, right now it looks like crank/troll work!