From: Coach on
My print spooler is not working. I have had to enable something before, but
cannot remember how i did it? I think it was something in device manager. Any
Ideas?
From: Steve Cochran on
Go to Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Services and right click on the Print spooler and choose Start or else restart and make sure its not disabled.

steve

From: HeyBub on
Coach wrote:
> My print spooler is not working. I have had to enable something
> before, but cannot remember how i did it? I think it was something in
> device manager. Any Ideas?

At a command prompt, enter

NET START SPOOLER

you can make it into a batch file to automatically start if you like

From: Nil on
On 10 Aug 2010, "HeyBub" <heybub(a)gmail.com> wrote in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> At a command prompt, enter
>
> NET START SPOOLER

That ought to work...

> you can make it into a batch file to automatically start if you
> like

That may work, but it shouldn't be necessary. The Print Spooler Service
should be set to Automatic in Services.msc. If it is set that way, but
you keep finding it in a stopped condition after rebooting the
computer, something is wrong - the service is crashing for some reason.
The real problem needs to be addressed. The event log should provide
some clues.