From: Phardo on
Symantec endpoint crashed today on startup, then microsoft led me to a
patch. the patch though (KB894391) is years old and for xp? I am not
too worried about the problem (yet), but I wonder how many might try
to apply a patch to SP3 that was meant for SP2. I don't plan to try...
From: Bob I on
If you have SP3 it shouldn't let you install it.

From: Shenan Stanley on
Phardo wrote:
> Symantec endpoint crashed today on startup, then microsoft led me
> to a patch. the patch though (KB894391) is years old and for xp? I
> am not too worried about the problem (yet), but I wonder how many
> might try to apply a patch to SP3 that was meant for SP2. I don't
> plan to try...

Why would you ask Microsoft to fix a problem for Symantec's product and/or
even think about taking said advice if they did offer it?

After all - you said, "Symantec endpoint crashed today on startup" and not
"Windows XP crashed on startup."

Just saying...

--
Shenan Stanley