From: sg on
Hi ,

Is there any way to print the back trace of the stack programmatically
when we encounter SIGSEGV. I have tried using the backtrace() function
but I am not able to interpret the out put.

Thanks in advance
-Regards
From: Ben Bacarisse on
sg <gautams.forums(a)gmail.com> writes:

> Is there any way to print the back trace of the stack programmatically
> when we encounter SIGSEGV. I have tried using the backtrace() function
> but I am not able to interpret the out put.

A SIGSEGV might mean that the stack has been messed up, so maybe that is
the problem.

Have you tried backtrace_symbols_fd? What is mysterious about the
output?

--
Ben.