From: Tom Crummey on
Hello,

I found the problem. I was following the example too literally. There's
a typo in the example with an unbalanced " which means that the newlines
are not escaped. I suspect the closing " should be just before the first
":".

How can I help fix this?

--
Tom.

Tom Crummey, Systems and Network Manager, EMAIL: tom(a)ee.ucl.ac.uk
Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering,
University College London, TEL: +44 (0)20 7679
3898
Torrington Place, FAX: +44 (0)20 7388 9325
London, UK, WC1E 7JE.
Hello,

I wrote too soon. Although now rpcclient reports that the printer driver
is successfully installed, all the filenames after the escaped newline
are ignored. The man page for rpcclient seems to indicate that there is
a problem with commandline parsing. Is this the root of the problem?

--
Tom.

Tom Crummey, Systems and Network Manager, EMAIL: tom(a)ee.ucl.ac.uk
Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering,
University College London, TEL: +44 (0)20 7679
3898
Torrington Place, FAX: +44 (0)20 7388 9325
London, UK, WC1E 7JE.
Hello,

I'm still stuck on the rpcclient command to register printer driver
files with Samba 3.0.23c.

Here's what happens:

/opt/samba/bin/rpcclient -Utom spock
WARNING: The "printer admin" option is deprecated
Password:

Connecting to host=spock
resolve_lmhosts: Attempting lmhosts lookup for name spock<0x20>
resolve_wins: Attempting wins lookup for name spock<0x20>
resolve_wins: using WINS server 128.40.38.2 and tag '*'
Got a positive name query response from 128.40.38.2 ( 128.40.42.33 )
Connecting to 128.40.42.33 at port 445
Doing spnego session setup (blob length=58)
got OID=1 3 6 1 4 1 311 2 2 10
got principal=NONE
Got challenge flags:
Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0x60890215
NTLMSSP: Set final flags:
Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0x60080215
NTLMSSP Sign/Seal - Initialising with flags:
Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0x60080215
rpc_pipe_bind: Remote machine spock pipe \lsarpc fnum 0x73c2 bind
request returned ok.
lsa_io_sec_qos: length c does not match size 8
rpcclient $> adddriver "Windows NT x86" "Kyocera FS-C5030N
KX":KMUC41IE.DLL:KMF04610.MDX:KMUU41IE.DLL:KMWTEN22.HLP:NULL:RAW:\\
rpc_pipe_bind: Remote machine spock pipe \spoolss fnum 0x73c3 bind
request returned ok.
Printer Driver Kyocera FS-C5030N KX successfully installed.

As you can see, instead of the new line being escaped after the RAW:,
rpcclient immediately parses the command and I cannot specify all the
dependent files.

Has anyone done this on Solaris?