From: willdoak on
I'm having the exact same problem. I installed a recent version of ATI's
Catalyst driver program, which insisted that I install .NET 2.5.50727. After
I did that, Catalyst refuses to run, giving me the same error message you're
reporting.

If you figure out what the problem is, please send me a message at
will.doak(a)bentley.com.

Thanks!

Will Doak

From: willdoak on
I found the solution in another forum. This worked for me:

Feng Chen - MSFT

Moderator

Posts 1,611
Re: some problems with .NET framework v2.0.50727
Was this post helpful ?
Successfully marked post as helpful!

Hi pat,

Uninstall the Catalyst Control Center (not the drivers.). Reboot.
Re-Install the CCC, reboot.
e.g., C:\ATI\SUPPORT\7-3_xp_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_43737\CCC\setup.exe

This should cure the problem.

Thanks!