From: Paul Woodsford on
"Chris T." <5354564gfhjghj(a)hormail.com> wrote in message
> Downloading the Flashplayer for IE does not work. Mozilla was no
> problem. Why could this be?
>
> Chris T.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_19166#instructions

"""
Users who installed Flash Player 8.0.24.0 prior to April 6, 2006 must
uninstall using the Flash Player uninstaller released on May 11, 2006.
Uninstall Flash Player using the instructions in How to uninstall the Adobe
Flash Player (TechNote 14157).

Flash Player detection failure with websites that use VBScript detection
Websites that use VBScript detection for Flash Player may fail in Microsoft
Internet Explorer. This VBScript detection issue is resolved by running the
Flash Player uninstaller released on May 11, 2006 (version 3.0.0.17) or
later, and reinstalling the latest Flash Player. For more information
regarding this see Flash Player detection failure with websites that use
VBScript detection (TechNote 7d1862a).""""
--
Paul Woodsford
Remove NOSPAM to reply.

From: Paul Woodsford on
> "Paul Woodsford" <paul.woodsford(a)virgin.net> wrote:
>
>> Users who installed Flash Player 8.0.24.0 prior to April 6, 2006 must
>> uninstall using the Flash Player uninstaller released on May 11, 2006.
>> Uninstall Flash Player using the instructions in How to uninstall the
>> Adobe
>> Flash Player (TechNote 14157).
>
> I have Flash for Mozilla etc. installed, not for IE. Why should I
> uninstall that?
>
> Chris T.

Maybe Flash Player ver 9 will not overwrite previous versions? I don't know.
What harm can it do?
You're call!

--
Paul Woodsford