From: humphry on
I installed the latest PCLinuxOS 0.93a Bigdaddy (or full Monty) and I was
pleasantly surprised,

Better than ubuntu, suse, mandriva and all the other distros {I am talking
about desktop use not server}(and yes I have tried 90% of whats out there
and 100% of the major distros).

Everything just worked... and it was beautiful, even windows media played
from out of the box with
an included player.

Things working in linux and beauty are things that linux lacked (without
geeking around for several hours)... But this is history. PClinuxOS is
here......!

http://www.pclinuxos.com/

From: De Peetvader on
humphry schreef:
> I installed the latest PCLinuxOS 0.93a Bigdaddy (or full Monty) and I was
> pleasantly surprised,
>
> Better than ubuntu, suse, mandriva and all the other distros {I am talking
> about desktop use not server}(and yes I have tried 90% of whats out there
> and 100% of the major distros).
>
> Everything just worked... and it was beautiful, even windows media played
> from out of the box with
> an included player.
>
> Things working in linux and beauty are things that linux lacked (without
> geeking around for several hours)... But this is history. PClinuxOS is
> here......!
>
> http://www.pclinuxos.com/

Well for me it didn't work at all, tried several times with different
parameters, still not working.
Also tried a lot of distro's, and until now only mandriva worked fine
(so wondering why installation of pclinuxOS don't work).

--
A lawyer is a person who writes a 10,000 words documents and calls it a
"brief".
From: Mark Warner on
humphry wrote:
> I installed the latest PCLinuxOS 0.93a Bigdaddy (or full Monty) and I was
> pleasantly surprised,
>
> Better than ubuntu, suse, mandriva and all the other distros {I am talking
> about desktop use not server}(and yes I have tried 90% of whats out there
> and 100% of the major distros).
>
> Everything just worked... and it was beautiful, even windows media played
> from out of the box with an included player.
>
> Things working in linux and beauty are things that linux lacked (without
> geeking around for several hours)... But this is history. PClinuxOS is
> here......!
>
> http://www.pclinuxos.com/

Yes, it is very nice. As you said, multimedia "just works". I can't
testify it to it personally, but reports are that this distro has hands
down the best wireless support out there, making it ideal for laptops.

I normally prefer Debian-based distros, but I make a big exception in
this case. Highly recommended.

--
Mark Warner
SimplyMEPIS 6.0
From: Al Smith on
>> I installed the latest PCLinuxOS 0.93a Bigdaddy (or full Monty) and I was pleasantly surprised,
>>
>> Better than ubuntu, suse, mandriva and all the other distros {I am talking about desktop use not server}(and yes I have tried 90% of whats out there and 100% of the major distros).
>>
>> Everything just worked... and it was beautiful, even windows media played from out of the box with
>> an included player.
>>
>> Things working in linux and beauty are things that linux lacked (without geeking around for several hours)... But this is history. PClinuxOS is here......!
>>
>> http://www.pclinuxos.com/
>>

> Well for me it didn't work at all, tried several times with different parameters, still not working.
> Also tried a lot of distro's, and until now only mandriva worked fine (so wondering why installation of pclinuxOS don't work).

Try the new Freespire. It's the freeware version of Linspire. I
put it on one of my computers, and it is very easy to use. The
transition from Windows to Freespire is absolutely painless, as
far as the gui is concerned.
From: Bill Turner on