From: Nik on
Guys,
I have a few users using Outlook 2003 that are having problems forwarding.
The first issue, is when 2 particular users forward messages they receive
from another individual they body of the mail is not forwarded.
The second option is 1 particular user when she forwards a message the
attachment is dropped.
I can't state that this problem comes from the external person sending the
mail, because when that person sends me a mail, I'm able to forward with any
issue.
Any thoughts would help.

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Nik" <test> wrote in message news:e$Zratv4KHA.6052(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

> Guys,
> I have a few users using Outlook 2003 that are having problems forwarding.
> The first issue, is when 2 particular users forward messages they receive
> from another individual they body of the mail is not forwarded.
> The second option is 1 particular user when she forwards a message the
> attachment is dropped.
> I can't state that this problem comes from the external person sending the
> mail, because when that person sends me a mail, I'm able to forward with any
> issue.
> Any thoughts would help.

The usual cause of this is having an antivirus program integrated with Outlook
so that it scans incoming and/or outgoing mail. There's no reason to do that.
When AV software is installed, it should be installed without the mail
scanning feature.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Nik on
Thanks Brian, much appreciated

From: WebColin70 on
I've also seen messages fail to forward (or reply) because of odd formatting
in the message (still happening as of Outlook 2007). Nothing happens when
clicking send, message just sits there as if you never clicked send.

In that case, solution is to go to Options and set message type to Text
instead of HTML or Rich Text. That eliminates all the formatting, then
Outlook is able to send the message. Of course, this has the obvious
downside of removing all formatting, which you may want to keep. If you need
the formatting, you can also go through the message and remove pieces, then
try sending to yourself to find exactly what is breaking Outlook. Once you
find it, just remove that piece without shifting to plain text and it should
send just fine.

Doesn't sound like this is an exact match for your problem, but that it
might be relevant for others.

- Colin