From: Catherine on
Hi Greg,
There was a problem with the advanced packages last week.
Have a look here:

https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/527374/download-file-seems-to-be-corrupt-tried-3-times-now-always-the-same?wa=wsignin1.0

I downloaded after the supposed fix but am still having an issue (as you will read).

cheers,
Catherine

GregNga wrote:

Problem installing SQL Server Express 2008
10-Feb-10

I went to the MS website and downloaded SQL Server 2008 Express I got a
window that says SQL Server 2008 with advanced services did not install
succesfully and the downloaded file failed signature verification.

The log says:
Signature verification failed on downloaded file. URL:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/b/e9bcf5d7-2421-464f-94dc-0c694ba1b5a4/SQLEXPRADV_x64_ENU.exe.
File location: C:\Users\Greg\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Web Platform
Installer\installers\SQLExpressAdv\A21783D86FBCF081C0268D1AE1CFABBCE8DF4289\SQLEXPRADV_x64_ENU2.exe. File size: 573037392

Dr. Dotnetsky's Cool .Net Tips and Tricks No. 26
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/8e390106-20d1-4b2b-be30-cde5d852348d/dr-dotnetskys-cool-net.aspx