From: 1D Man 1D on
We have RWW set up and is working for everyone except one user who I've just
built a new Toshiba Sattelitte laptop for with XP SP3 and IE8 installed. He's
in the RWW group in AD. I can log on to his PC without problems.

When he logs on to RWW he can see the list of PCs. He clicks on his PC and
clicks Connect and then the page goes blank.

I've enabled Active X addons.

Any ideas?

From: Larry Struckmeyer[SBS-MVP] on
Verify that the pc in the LAN is set to allow remote connections and from
this user. Start - rclick my computer - properties - remote

-Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit.
-Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com

From: 1D Man on
Hello

Yes he's set up - it has the domain users group as having access and he's
logging on with his domain credentials.

Sorry some crucial info left out of my original post: He could access it on
his old laptop; it's just his new laptop that has the problem.

Cheers

From: 1D Man on
So his Desktop PC is on his desk and I can connect to it and he used to be
able to.

He is on a ship in the Caspian Sea with his new laptop and an internet
connection and needs to access his desktop in the office.

He can access his webmail and he can logon to RWW but once he clicks on his
desktop and clicks connect, he gets a blank page.

From: Joe on
On 09/08/10 16:30, 1D Man wrote:
> So his Desktop PC is on his desk and I can connect to it and he used to be
> able to.
>
> He is on a ship in the Caspian Sea with his new laptop and an internet
> connection and needs to access his desktop in the office.

Is this a normal situation for him, i.e. did his old laptop work from
this location/Net connection? Many unorthodox types of connection allow
only a few basic protocols to work, and block everything else.

> He can access his webmail and he can logon to RWW but once he clicks on his
> desktop and clicks connect, he gets a blank page.

Which SBS is this? If SBS2003, it would seem that port 4125 is being
blocked somewhere. XP doesn't have an outgoing firewall by default, but
the AV may have lots of extra features, which may include outgoing
packet filtering.

Again if SBS2003, are you able to check whether packets to TCP port 4125
are reaching the SBS? The Microsoft Network Monitor program can check
this, or Wireshark. It's best to arrange a particular time to make the
attempt, as either program will collect a lot of data. It's easy to
filter, but slow if many megabytes are involved. There are SBS logs
which show https connections, but we already know that is working.

--
Joe