From: Mr. X. on
Hello.
I have an asp.net, that sending emails.

I have the following code :
Dim mail As New MailMessage
Dim smtp As New SmtpClient("my-site.org")

smtp.Credentials = New NetworkCredential("admin(a)my-site.org",
"myPassowrd")
mail.From = New MailAddress("admin(a)my-site.org")
mail.To.Add("support(a)my-site.org")
mail.Subject = "Contact"
mail.IsBodyHtml = true
smtp.Send(mail)

Everything works fine, till some changes of the site provider.

Now I am getting the message :
The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not
authenticated.
I have been told, I need to add some parameter : required authentication.
Why may be that change?

Thanks :)

From: Jason Keats on
Mr. X. wrote:
> Hello.
> I have an asp.net, that sending emails.
>
> I have the following code :
> Dim mail As New MailMessage
> Dim smtp As New SmtpClient("my-site.org")
>
> smtp.Credentials = New NetworkCredential("admin(a)my-site.org", "myPassowrd")
> mail.From = New MailAddress("admin(a)my-site.org")
> mail.To.Add("support(a)my-site.org")
> mail.Subject = "Contact"
> mail.IsBodyHtml = true
> smtp.Send(mail)
>
> Everything works fine, till some changes of the site provider.
>
> Now I am getting the message :
> The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not
> authenticated.
> I have been told, I need to add some parameter : required authentication.
> Why may be that change?
>
> Thanks :)

Maybe checking the inner exception for more information would help:
http://systemnetmail.com/faq/5.aspx

Pages: 1
Prev: Question on debug mode
Next: Add in dropdownlist