From: Jokke on
When I close the webpage that was openened by running F5 (Debug run) in
Visual Studio 2010, my VS goes out of debug mode at once. Same with a few
collagues. But one guy just stays into debug mode and needs to click the
Stop Debugging button every time (IE and Firefox).

The question: is it an option somewhere in V.S. to stop debugging or not on
closing the browser window that was opened by a debug request, or is an
install problem?

thx for your help

From: Brian Cryer on
"Jokke" <Jokke007007(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I close the webpage that was openened by running F5 (Debug run) in
> Visual Studio 2010, my VS goes out of debug mode at once. Same with a few
> collagues. But one guy just stays into debug mode and needs to click the
> Stop Debugging button every time (IE and Firefox).
>
> The question: is it an option somewhere in V.S. to stop debugging or not
> on closing the browser window that was opened by a debug request, or is an
> install problem?

I've never come across an option to keep the debugger open when the browser
window is closed down, so I think this is almost certaily an issue either
with IE not closing or with Visual Studio. Can't give you any guidance on
where to look - although it might be interesting to see whether IE
disappears from TaskManager when this happens, at least that might give you
a clue as to where to look.
--
Brian Cryer
http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian