From: Irit on
I had Office 2003 installed on Windows XP (SP3) and upgraded it to Office
Enterprise 2007 suite.
When I try to preview a Word 2003 document attached to an Outlook message I
get an error:
"The file cannot be previewed because the file type is not supported by the
following previewer:
Microsoft Office Word previewer
The current file extension does not match the file contents. To view the
contents of this file, open it in the program in which it is intended to be
viewed."

If I try to save the attached file it is saved with size 0 (in Outlook it
displays like it has a real size). If I try to open the document either from
the message or from the saved file I get an empty page (since the downloaded
file is actually empty).

I installed Microsoft Compatibility Pack for Office 2007 but it didn't help.
I tried to run repair on Office 2007 but the repair process crashed in the
middle saying something like memory cannot be "read".

Thanks,
Irit.
From: Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] on
Have you tried running Office Diagnostics on your Office installation?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, Irit asked:

From: Irit on
Yes. It didn't help.