From: kitekrazy on
On 2/3/2010 3:24 PM, Glennbo wrote:
> The killer robot "sambodidley"<scoobydoo(a)looneyville.com> grabbed the
> controls of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
>>> FWIW, and if anyone cares (does anyone else here still use SONAR?),
>>
>> Sonar 5 here.
>
> I have Sonar 5 too!

I have 2,3,4,5,7,8, 8.5

So I have Sonar 29.5!
From: sambodidley on

"kitekrazy" <kitekrazy(a)kitekrazy.org> wrote in message
> On 2/3/2010 3:24 PM, Glennbo wrote:
>> The killer robot "sambodidley"<scoobydoo(a)looneyville.com> grabbed the
>> controls of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

>>> Sonar 5 here.
>>
>> I have Sonar 5 too!
>>

> I have 2,3,4,5,7,8, 8.5
>
> So I have Sonar 29.5!

I have every version from Cakewalk dos 4 Pro through Sonar 5. This will
probably be the end of the line for me ---- unless somebody just gives me a
newer version free.<g>

From: "Dave "Mod Bod" Modisette" on
Glennbo wrote:
> In news:9bcc5$4b69ff27$6214382b$9006(a)ALLTEL.NET the killer robot
> "sambodidley" <scoobydoo(a)looneyville.com> grabbed the controls of the
> spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

>>> I have 2,3,4,5,7,8, 8.5
>>>
>>> So I have Sonar 29.5!
>>
>> I have every version from Cakewalk dos 4 Pro through Sonar 5. This
>> will probably be the end of the line for me ---- unless somebody just
>> gives me a newer version free.<g>
>
> Well, you Reaper what you Sonar! <g>

Ooooooo, that was baaaaadddd! ;)

--
Dave "Mod Bod" Modisette

http://www.gatortraks.com/forum
http://www.gatortraks.com
From: Kraig Olmstead on
I have only just touched Reaper. For my current task, I want it to be a
dumb tape recorder - no measures, beats, ticks. I can live with it - I
was since CWPA 8. I want to expand the time line and maximize the
amplitude so I can edit a waveform. I don't know how to do that.

It seems intuitive, but I've been using Sonar for a long time and I'm
not thrilled with having to figure out how to do something that I can
already do - simple things - in Sonar. I'm not closing the door on it.
I intend to give a good shot over the 30 day trial period.

KO

From: kitekrazy on
On 2/3/2010 6:47 PM, Kraig Olmstead wrote:
> I have only just touched Reaper. For my current task, I want it to be a
> dumb tape recorder - no measures, beats, ticks. I can live with it - I
> was since CWPA 8. I want to expand the time line and maximize the
> amplitude so I can edit a waveform. I don't know how to do that.
>
> It seems intuitive, but I've been using Sonar for a long time and I'm
> not thrilled with having to figure out how to do something that I can
> already do - simple things - in Sonar. I'm not closing the door on it. I
> intend to give a good shot over the 30 day trial period.
>
> KO

That's why people stick with the same app. Sonar does some things quite
well. Some apps get real difficult at first configuring multi out synths.

I like to tinker with other apps. (which is why I don't create much
music) I'm learning to work with Ableton which has some unique things
but isn't as powerful as a midi sequencer like Sonar.