From: Nord Pierre on
Hello,

A new problem appear in an old app when i go on Vista (not so old ... 1
year old) - I have an opengl context in a pop-up window. I need to have the
focus on the window when the mouse in on it, so i procede like that :

OnMouseMove()
{
SetFocus();
Set Things with mouse move ...
}

In another thread
while(notexit)
{
glVertex3f(...)
wglSwapBuffer();
}

The problem appear ONLY on Vista, when the window does not have the
focus and the mouse enter in the client area, a frame is NOT display and the
background of the popup window (in gray - default background color) is
display instead of the
frame. So there is like a big flash on the render area ... After 5 minutes
of terrible flashing (each time the mouse enter the client area and the
focus is set again to the popup) , many users wanted to kill me ... :)

After a new test, if the window is not a popup, it wokrs correctly - But
unfortunatly i need a popup :'( - (For full screen...)

Can someone save my life ?

Thanks

PS : I have of course the lastest drivers installed (Athlon XP 2200+ -
GeForce6800GT)

From: Yevgeniy Fligel Yevgeniy on
Hello Nord,
i found on the internet, that Vista supports Opengl only in emulation mode.
Do you experience the same problem, if you deactivate air glass effects
(transparent windows) on Vista?

From: Nord Pierre on
Hello,

It can't be emulated, i have about 600k triangles with 60Fps ... While my
test computer is an old Athlon 2200+ - It'll be emulated only in my dreams
:)

Thanks anyway, i'll try to kill the 'glass effect' but i have no hope left
for this pb :(

Pierre

"Yevgeniy Fligel" <Yevgeniy Fligel(a)discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans
le message de news: D3C4A278-AEC1-410B-A6BB-CB4356076B83(a)microsoft.com...

From: Nord Pierre on

[...] After testing a few seconds ...
Outstanding ... You were right, i've just disable Aero and all works
perfectly without any flash and other things like that... How can i ask all
users to disable aero ? Looks impossible ... But the problem only appear
with popup windows, may be there is a relation ship between aero an opengl
popup and setfocus method, ... Anyway thanks for your help, if you have any
idea how to disable the glass effect (on one app) if it's possible of
course, please tell me

Thanks again

"Nord Pierre" <non> a �crit dans le message de news:
48103f71$0$26269$426a34cc(a)news.free.fr...

From: King Menelaus on
A good OGL/Vista primer:

http://www.opengl.org/pipeline/article/vol003_7/

-JJ