From: hje on
I am now thoroughly stumped. I did the same search you did and saw the same
results with all the Torrent sites and that cab file.

I went back into my MSDN subscription and grabbed the SHA1 checksum and
compared it to the checksum of the iso that I downloaded from MSDN which was
used to burn my DVD. They match.

Since I still have access to our department's master MSDN DVD of Project
2007 (Disc 2434.19 from Jan 2008), I took a peak at the Project directories,
and could not find the PrfPro.WW\ PrjProww.cab file. However, I did find a
slightly different cab file, PrjPror.WW\PrjPrrWW.cab. Doing an Internet
search on this cab file resulted in again, hits on torrent sites. Why would
this cab file from a master MSDN DVD be affiliated with torrent sites?

After my last posting, I tested my iso and not only will my MSDN downloaded
iso install on XP, but it will install also on Vista 32 bit. It just won't
install on my Vista 64.

If there were a problem with my registry, then the install from the master
DVD should have also failed.

I still keep thinking that something is wrong with the iso image on my MSDN.
I have no need for torrent sites since I have a full MSDN subscription. I am
worried about my subscription resources.

Is there anything else that you can think of that I may have missed?

Greatly appreciative,
Heather

From: JulieS on
Hello Heather,

Have you tried communicating with the folks at MSDN? As you have a
MSDN subscription I'd start with the MSDN Subscription Customer
Server Center.

I hope this helps.

Julie
Project MVP

From: hje on
Thank you Julie for that link - I have sent them an e-mail with the details.
If they get back to me with a solution, I will post it here.

Heather

From: JulieS on
You're welcome Heather and thanks very much for the offer to post
updates.

Julie

From: hje on
Update:
Just wanted to pass along, that it has been 7 business days since I
sent the folks at MSDN an e-mail. There has been no response. Since I do not
have time to pursue it further, I will just keep my fingers crossed that I do
not need a re-install of Project before the next version comes out. Hopefully
that will remedy my problem!
Thanks for the "ear" on this issue!

Heather