From: relic on
HarryGuy wrote:
> Windows XP.
>
> When I start-up my machine, Windows Messenger comes in and asks
> questions about signing-in, etc. How can I disable this program -
> please?

Rename its directory... something like \messengerNOT

From: Sjouke Burry on
HarryGuy wrote:
> Windows XP.
>
> When I start-up my machine, Windows Messenger comes in and asks questions
> about signing-in, etc. How can I disable this program - please?

uninstall it??
From: HarryGuy on
Thanks very much to both of you - I renamed the "exe"file. I had hoped there
was a way to turn the activity off - but guess not as no one suggested that.

From: Nil on
On 27 Nov 2009, "HarryGuy" <jimsimpson(a)cox.net> wrote in
alt.os.windows-xp:

<http://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+disable+windows+messenger>
From: relic on
HarryGuy wrote:
> Thanks very much to both of you - I renamed the "exe"file. I had
> hoped there was a way to turn the activity off - but guess not as no
> one suggested that.

I suspect a recent update messed Messenger up. It keeps asking for a 'name'
no matter what you do. Disabling it works for me.