From: aldo on
Hello,

I have a problem with an Italian web site written in asp language.

While it was running on SQL Server 2005 on Windows 2003 Server Italian
version, it was ok. Now I moved on a English Windows 2003 machine and it
does not work anymore.

The float numbers are not correctly written in the database. For example:

recordset("field") = number

does not work if number contains 1,5 it writes 15 ignoring the comma.
For English people comma separates thousands and dot separates decimal
values. In Italy and other Europe countries it is inverted (for sure you
know).

A solution is

recordset("field") = replace(number, ",", ".")

for sure I do not want modify the whole site.

What I have already done:

- Control panel of server, regional options: all Italian settings.
- Management Server Express: default language Italian in the server
properties
- Management Server Express: default language Italian for every login
(that is sa and the other I use in the connection string)
- Management Server Express: default language for builtin logins is
English but it is so in the Italian server too so I did not change it.

These things did not produce any result.

What should I change also????

Thanks very much in advance.
From: Uri Dimant on
Hi
Have you tried to change the dastatype to DECIMAL or NUMERIC

I cannot test it , so if it does not work, the only solutuion is nto use
REPLACE function as you have done before

From: aldo on
Hello, thanks for the answer,
the datatype is MONEY for every involved field in the database.