From: Kevan on
Hi
I am trying to do a Gradual Upgrade of SharePoint services 2 to SharePoint
services 3.
I have installed SharePoint Services 3 on the Web Server and am now trying
to upgrade the Site content via the SharePoint Services 3 administration
console.

However the site will not upgrade and I am refered to the upgrade log.

The upgrade Log seemed to indicate that I did not have enough DiskSpace to
do the upgrade.

How much disk space should be required to Upgrade?

I have 2 Configuration Database on the server each about 20Gb

I have now created more disk space and have at the moment 47Gb free.

Further down the logs it seems to indicate that I need to "Resett the Site
Flag" see Below.

[SPSite2CollectionCopier] [DEBUG] [10/28/2009 6:23:37 PM]: Unlock site
Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPSite2 by resetting site flag to 262144.

How do I do this?

Regards

Kevan

From: spconsultant on
A gradual update creates a duplicate of the content database that is
attached to the site you are upgrading. You need at least double,
since it is duplicating it + space for working storage, logs, etc.

On Nov 2, 1:12 pm, Kevan <Ke...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi
> I am trying to do a Gradual Upgrade of SharePoint services 2 to SharePoint
> services 3.
> I have installed SharePoint Services 3 on the Web Server and am now trying
> to upgrade the Site content via the SharePoint Services 3 administration
> console.
>
> However the site will not upgrade and I am refered to the upgrade log.
>
> The upgrade Log seemed to indicate that I did not have enough DiskSpace to
> do the upgrade.
>
> How much disk space should be required to Upgrade?
>
> I have 2 Configuration Database on the server each about 20Gb
>
> I have now created more disk space and have at the moment 47Gb free.
>
> Further down the logs it seems to indicate that I need to "Resett the Site
> Flag"  see Below.
>
> [SPSite2CollectionCopier] [DEBUG] [10/28/2009 6:23:37 PM]: Unlock site
> Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPSite2 by resetting site flag to 262144.
>
> How do I do this?
>
> Regards
>
> Kevan

Pages: 1