From: Debashis Dutt on
Hi All,

Of late I am having problems in sending mails (of both small & large
sizes) to linux netdev mailing list:

netdev(a)vger.kernel.org

The error message that I get is:

<netdev(a)vger.kernel.org>... Deferred: Connection timed out with bl-ckh-
le.kernel.org.

Could somebody please help?

Thanks
From: mjt on
On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 15:52:21 -0700 (PDT)
Debashis Dutt <debdut(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Of late I am having problems in sending mails (of both small & large
> sizes) to linux netdev mailing list:

You're sending emails using "what"? (local mail system?)

--
Receiving a million dollars tax free will make you feel
better than being flat broke and having a stomach ache.

From: Debashis Dutt on
On Aug 3, 4:24 pm, mjt <myswtestYOURSH...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 15:52:21 -0700 (PDT)
>
> Debashis Dutt <deb...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > Of late I am having problems in sending mails (of both small & large
> > sizes) to linux netdev mailing list:
>
> You're sending emails using "what"?  (local mail system?)
>
> --
> Receiving a million dollars tax free will make you feel
> better than being flat broke and having a stomach ache.
> - Dolph Sharp, "I'm O.K., You're Not So Hot"
> <<< Remove YOURSHOES to email me >>>

We are trying to send patches using normal linux "mail" command.
From: David Schwartz on
On Aug 3, 3:52 pm, Debashis Dutt <deb...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Of late I am having problems in sending mails (of both small & large
> sizes) to linux netdev mailing list:
>
> net...(a)vger.kernel.org
>
> The error message that I get is:
>
> <net...(a)vger.kernel.org>... Deferred: Connection timed out with bl-ckh-
> le.kernel.org.
>
> Could somebody please help?
>
> Thanks

Why are you connecting to bl-chk-le.kernel.org? The preferred MX is
vger.kernel.org. The backup does not work, but the primary does.

DS
From: Debashis Dutt on
On Aug 3, 5:33 pm, David Schwartz <dav...(a)webmaster.com> wrote:
> On Aug 3, 3:52 pm, Debashis Dutt <deb...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
>
> > Of late I am having problems in sending mails (of both small & large
> > sizes) to linux netdev mailing list:
>
> > net...(a)vger.kernel.org
>
> > The error message that I get is:
>
> > <net...(a)vger.kernel.org>... Deferred: Connection timed out with bl-ckh-
> > le.kernel.org.
>
> > Could somebody please help?
>
> > Thanks
>
> Why are you connecting to bl-chk-le.kernel.org? The preferred MX is
> vger.kernel.org. The backup does not work, but the primary does.
>
> DS

Thanks for the information.

Actually our company's MTA is trying to connect to MX bl-chk-
le.kernel.org.
Could this probably mean that the problem is in our DNS server?

I am exactly sure how ESMTP works, hence the confustion.

Thanks
--Debashis