From: peter on
I'm scanning old negatives on my Epson Perfection 1200 photo. I'm
having problems with black & white negatives where there is large
amount of white (some old skiing photos) or black (some night shots).
The scanner crops the majority of the photo. How can I adjust the
settings so that it scans the whole photo?

Peter
From: Fred McKenzie on
In article
<f6e18c44-3319-4594-852e-72f1bc73029e(a)d17g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,
peter <solvino(a)googlemail.com> wrote:

> I'm scanning old negatives on my Epson Perfection 1200 photo. I'm
> having problems with black & white negatives where there is large
> amount of white (some old skiing photos) or black (some night shots).
> The scanner crops the majority of the photo. How can I adjust the
> settings so that it scans the whole photo?

Peter-

Consider a different driver for the scanner.

Check out VueScan. A free trial is available at

<http://www.hamrick.com/>

Fred
From: Denis Scadeng on
In message
<f6e18c44-3319-4594-852e-72f1bc73029e(a)d17g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,
peter <solvino(a)googlemail.com> writes
>I'm scanning old negatives on my Epson Perfection 1200 photo. I'm
>having problems with black & white negatives where there is large
>amount of white (some old skiing photos) or black (some night shots).
>The scanner crops the majority of the photo. How can I adjust the
>settings so that it scans the whole photo?
>
>Peter

In the scanner dialogue box you are probably using "Full Auto Mode".
Select Home (or Professional) on the drop down menu and you can select
the area scanned. I have found that this is the best setting for
everything - it gives you more control.

Denis
--
Denis Scadeng