From: Bill on
In article <ur5cv2dfl0up7429q974o5vprisu37f2tr(a)4ax.com>,
no.spam(a)junk.mail.net says...
> On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 20:00:47 -0700, Bill <spamtrap(a)tinlc.lumbercartel.com>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <sc2cv2dlves0pfrbf9be34ive5erumthkc(a)4ax.com>,
> >no.spam(a)junk.mail.net says...

> >> I did a 'clean' install. Or at least followed ATI's instructions_ (no sure how
> >> much that actually 'cleans' out_ Also redownloaded the file_ Same issue. Seems
> >> to me like the files just aren't there. At least they don't show up after the
> >> install is complete.
> >
> > You have the latest dot net installed, 3.0?
> >
> > Bill
>
> Yes... 1.1, 2, 3, VS2005 for debuging and development. And a handy tool for
> viewing the actual contents of the MSI tables...
<snip>

Well sorry I can't be of more help. Only thing I can think of is to
try removing then re-installing .Dot Net 3.0, DirectX, then the drivers
in that order as Administrator in safe mode and not a power user, if
you hadn't already. I recall Corel X3 would seem to install but not
work when installed < for me anyway > as a power user but worked when
installed as Administrator.

I'd seen where others were having problems and had fixed their's by
installing .Dot Net 3.0.

I dual boot with Linux and ATI was such a pita to get running that I
went to a Nvidia card. The latest ATI I've got is a X800PRO with older
drivers that let you use the old style control panel.

I think ATI made a big mistake using dot net to run their new control
panel. Hope you figure it out.

Bill
--
Gmail and Google Groups. This century's answer to AOL and WebTV.
From: First of One on
Are you using Win2000 or XP? If so, for future reference, there is really no
need to install Catalyst Control Center. Just download the display
driver-only package and adjust all your settings using ATi Tray Tools here:
http://www.guru3d.com/article/atitraytools/189/ Small application and very
clean.

From: Danny G. on
>> I downloaded the 7.2 file from HIS and only ran the driver install pgm on top of the drivers that came with the ATI site's 7.2.

"on top" cough, cough... good luck with that.

From: Frank K. on

"Danny G." <dandog(a)pacbell.net> wrote in message
>>> I downloaded the 7.2 file from HIS and only ran the driver install pgm
>>> on top of the drivers that came with the ATI site's 7.2.
>

> "on top" cough, cough... good luck with that.

There has been a noticeable improvement in my graphics. Hopefully there will
be no issues. I'll post a followup if things change.

Frank