From: jodleren on
hi all

I have problems with EdgeCam 12.5, which uses SQL server.

So far, 2 signs are being changed to ASCII codes in brackets. Examples
are asteriks * as {42} and underscore _ as {95}
I have learned to live with this, but then - it can change the
brackets { and } too - they become as follows:

3mm x 90* Spot Drill =>
3mm x 90{42} Spot Drill =>
3mm x 90{123}42{125} Spot Drill

The problem is, that some tables are related by these strings.
Any idea to overcome this?

Sonnich (crying)
From: Erland Sommarskog on
jodleren (sonnich(a)hot.ee) writes:
> I have problems with EdgeCam 12.5, which uses SQL server.
>
> So far, 2 signs are being changed to ASCII codes in brackets. Examples
> are asteriks * as {42} and underscore _ as {95}
> I have learned to live with this, but then - it can change the
> brackets { and } too - they become as follows:
>
> 3mm x 90* Spot Drill =>
> 3mm x 90{42} Spot Drill =>
> 3mm x 90{123}42{125} Spot Drill
>
> The problem is, that some tables are related by these strings.
> Any idea to overcome this?

This is not something that happens in SQL Server, or any client API,
but it must be something with EdgeCam. You will have to ask in a support
forum for that product.

Links for SQL Server Books Online: